Individuals can prepare for their future by obtaining the proper amounts of insurance to cover their expenses that might occur with death, medical or accidental injuries. Knowing which insurance to purchase can be a hard decision if some facts about each company is not known. Comparing two insurance providers will help an individual make an easier decision.
Comparing insurance can be a hassle! Skip the hassle and enter your ZIP code into our FREE quote comparison tool at the top of the page!
AFLAC, also known as American Family Life Assurance Company, is an insurance company that offers quality insurance products to protect the financial future of individuals, families and businesses. Millions of people in the United States trust AFLAC to provide adequate insurance protection to meet their needs.
Types of Individual Insurance Products
- Term Life Insurance will cover an individual for a certain number of years.
- Whole Life Insurance offers comprehensive death benefits, and it includes an investment opportunity that can be applied to the premiums. This plan does not have a maximum age for the policy to expire. If a premium is paid, the policy is in effect.
- Dental, Vision and Health Insurance plans are available for those unexpected medical emergencies as well as routine care for teeth and eyes.
Regular health insurance offered on the job may not be enough to meet the expenses incurred for medical expenses. AFLAC has insurance for individuals that offer cash benefits to aid in covering these extra medical expenses. The following policies are available for individuals:
- Short Term Disability
- Critical Care and Recovery
- Hospital Intensive Care
- Hospital Confinement Sickness
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Cancer or Specific Disease Coverage
- Lump Sum Critical Illness
- Lump Sum Cancer
Features of AFLAC Insurance
- AFLAC offers protection for the entire family, not just individuals.
- This company gives the family control of their insurance by allowing them to build a package to meet their needs.
- AFLAC offers more than just life insurance for families. They also offer insurance to cover employees of a business.
- Families are paid directly from AFLAC. The money does not have to go through others to get to the policyholder. For example, if the insured is in the hospital, the insurance plan will send the insured the money for their routine expenses that was incurred during the hospital stay. The individual can use the money any way they choose.
- AFLAC is a strong company that believes in giving back to charitable organizations. They have raised millions for cancer treatment and research as well as helping other charities.
AFLAC has a solid reputation for providing protection for individuals, families and businesses. They are a distinguished company because of their direct pay feature to their insured. A company that is focused on helping others is a good indication that they will be ready to take care of their insured clients. Since they are one of the larger companies, they may be able to offer lower premiums compared to a smaller company.
AFLAC Group Insurance Policies for Businesses
- Whole Life
- Retirement Products
- Critical Illness
AFLAC group policies offer cash benefits paid directly to the insured employee. Some of the group policies may not be available in every state, but a representative of AFLAC can provide additional information for each state’s insurance products.
Assurity Life Insurance Company
Assurity Life offers fewer choices for insurance protection; however, they have three kinds of policies for life insurance.
The policyholder will choose an amount of insurance for a certain amount of years to cover a financial need. The amount of time could range from five to ten years depending on the individual. The premiums are lower making this type of policy more affordable.
This type of insurance is different from the Term Life Insurance. Once an individual has signed a policy, they are covered for life as long as they continue to make timely payments.
This flexible policy can change as the individual’s lifestyle changes. The policyholder can change or alter the terms of the policy at any time they see necessary.
Assurity Life Insurance Company also provides a policy for disability income protection. The disability protection plan can be for a long-term disability or a short-term disability. The policies offered are:
- Simplified Disability Income Insurance is specialized for people with low or medium level of income. The monthly benefits that this policy could provide is from $300 to $2500 with a guarantee of renewal. The benefits are available for a period of six months to two years.
- Individual plan benefits the insured if he or she becomes injured to the point that he or she cannot work.
- Graded Benefit is a great choice for people who already have medical issues, and they are not candidates for disability benefits.
- Business Overhead Expense is a policy that covers business owner’s expenses when he or she becomes sick or injured and not able to work.
- Assurity Life Insurance Company does not have has many versatile policies to choose from, but they do have some beneficial policies to help individuals if they become disabled. Assurity has been successful as insurers for many years, and they have survived throughout the changing economy.
AFLAC vs Assurity Life Insurance Company
When a loved one dies, it can be devastating. However, if the loved one is the breadwinner and has no insurance protection to take care of burial expenses, financial obligations and so on, the situation can become much worse. AFLAC and Assurity Life Insurance Company want to help make sure that all families are insured.
The choice of choosing one company over another one is ultimately an individual decision. The facts when comparing the two companies will help individuals make the right decision. If a simple life insurance policy is needed, then an individual might prefer Assurity, but if someone needs a more complex form of insurance from a more versatile company that allows an individual to build a complete package, then AFLAC would be the best choice.
The breadwinner of the family will need to decide which package of benefits that their families will need to survive if they were to become disabled or even worse die. They want to make sure that they have left their family financially secure by choosing the right insurance company.
Enter your ZIP code into our FREE quote comparison tool at the bottom of the page to start saving bundles on your insurance!