Life insurance can be a challenging subject for many people to address. Facing one’s eventual mortality can be frightening and unnerving especially when one has a family and children to support.
Fortunately to help mitigate the concerns and challenges often left behind when an unexpected death occurs, life insurance can bridge the financial gap ensuring family and children continue to be supported after you are unable to continue. Life insurance policies are also important for organizations and businesses that need coverage to protect their employees. Life insurance policies are available for purchase from a variety of insurance providers.
Shopping for insurance can be a real hassle. Skip the hassle of shopping for insurance by entering your ZIP code into our FREE quote comparison tool at the top of the page to compare many insurance companies now!
Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Life Insurance Provider
Life insurance can make a substantial difference in the lives of those left behind and it is a decision that should not be left to chance. Though advertisements and slogans may promise the best, it is important to establish what your specific needs and expectations are.
Before you choose a life insurance provider take the time to ask yourself the following questions. These questions can be answered individually or together as a family.
What is the reason I am seeking out life insurance?
For many, the answer to this question will be to provide for loved ones. But there are other specific reasons or motivations for choosing a life insurance policy. Are you hoping to cover substantial debt in the event of your death? Are you hoping to receive money before the end of the term? This answer will help you determine whether term or permanent insurance is the best solution for your needs.
What are benefits I want to have included in a life insurance policy?
Many companies offer specific or additional benefits to cover “unexpected” circumstances such as an early death, terminal illness, or a death caused by an accidental injury.
Will I need continuous coverage or temporary coverage?
There are significant differences between term and permanent life insurance policies and it is important to thoroughly understand the benefits of either type. Some people expect there is a payout at the end of a life insurance term but this is rarely the case.
Do I want to cover my children or spouse in this policy?
Many families choose to insurance all members in case of unexpected death. This is a personal choice but is an important consideration and question to ask insurance companies. Some policies offer bonuses or special incentives for multiple persons while others don’t do family coverage
Now that you have answered your basic health insurance questions you are ready to consider life insurance companies.
AFLAC and HCC Life Insurance
When preparing to choose an insurance company to meet your personal needs and the needs of your family, consider the services offered by AFLAC and HCC Insurance Companies. As two of the largest insurance companies in the United States, they offer a comprehensive and diverse portfolio of insurance options to meet specific and general needs.
Though they may offer some similar services no two insurance companies are the same. It is important to thoroughly research and understand the benefits and options available through either company before making your final decision.
AFLAC Insurance Benefits
A Fortune 500 company based in Columbus, Georgia, AFLAC is a large company well-known for their life insurance policies. There are some distinct and important benefits to consider when deciding whether AFLAC is right for you and your family.
Benefits & Services
- AFLAC offers whole life insurance and term life insurance. Whole Life Insurance provides coverage for the paid lifetime of the applicant. Premiums are often lower and applicants can withdraw funds or borrow against this insurance plan. Term Life Insurance is a set period of coverage and is typically considered a temporary policy. It offers the lowest premiums for a short duration but can increase significantly over the long run. These policies can sometimes be converted into whole life insurance policies. There is also available coverage for children under a Term Life Insurance policy.
- AFLAC offers coverage up to $100,000 and $50,000 for applicants over the age of 50.
- Applying for life insurance with AFLAC does not require a blood test or medical examination.
- Convenient pay options including direct deduction from payroll checks.
- AFLAC also offers a Waiver of Premium and Accelerated Death benefit. The Waiver of Premium benefit allows premium payments to be suspended should you become disabled and unable to pay premiums. The Accelerated Death benefit ensures should the applicant be diagnosed with a terminal illness, a specific benefit amount will be paid.
HCC Life Insurance Benefits
Based in Indiana, HCC Life Insurance offers comprehensive group term life insurance or individual and family term life insurance policies. The flexible policies allow covered applicants to make individual choices regarding specifications of the life insurance policy.
- Individualized care and customer control allows applicants to make their own decisions about their policy. Applicants can choose their own deductible, maximum coverage amount, the length of coverage, and coinsurance.
- HCC offers short term medical plans, ideal for applicants experiencing a gap in insurance. Ideal applicants may be between jobs, college students, waiting for other coverage to begin, laid off or unemployed. Coverage periods are from 30 days to 11 months with unlimited opportunities to reapply.
- HCC offers $25,000 for basic coverage; up to $2 million worth of coverage. Plan benefit reductions after the age of 75.
- Terms of life insurance range from one to ten years.
- HCC also offers Terminal Illness and Double Indemnity benefits. The Terminal Illness benefit allows for 1/2 policy coverage and payout in instance of a terminal illness or impending death. The Double Indemnity benefit coverage pays 2 times the policy limit when death is the result of covered accidental injury.
- Going abroad? HCC offers international coverage for persons living or working in other countries.
Rating and Comparisons for AFLAC and HCC
An excellent way to determine the track record of any insurance company is the investigate the ratings assigned by third-party consultants. These ratings indicate the financial health of the company as well as their customer service performance. For further elaboration and explanations of rating criteria and grading rubric please visit the organizations’ websites.
A.M. Best – A+
Fitch – A+
Moody’s – Aa2
Better Business Bureau – A+
A.M. Best – A+
Fitch – AA
Moody’s – A1
Better Business Bureau – B+
Life Insurance for Living and Beyond
Grappling with the concrete challenges that will exist after you or a loved one has gone on becomes a painful reality for many families every day. Too many families find themselves without coverage, without support, and without help.
While no one can predict the eventual circumstances of death, everyone has the ability to prevent unwanted hardships from passing on the the loved ones in our lives.
Life insurance provides a financial buffer and a support net for those left in the aftermath. In many ways, life insurance can be the last measure of love we are able to give. So choose love for your loved ones. Choose life insurance for your life.
With life being so unpredictable, it is almost unthinkable to not have life insurance in this day and age. Let us help you prepare for the future! Enter your ZIP code into our FREE quote comparison tool at the top of the page to start saving today!