Life insurance is an essential need for any mortal person on the face of earth. It brings in peace of mind and security for not only the policy holder but also his/her family and dependants.
Various types of life insurance policies are available these days which cater to specific needs of people apart from death benefits. Find below a comparative study between two of the major insurance providers- AFLAC vs. National Western Life Insurance Company.
Shopping around for insurance can be a fickle thing. Take advantage of our FREE quote comparison by entering your ZIP code in the blank at the top of the page!
AFLAC- Company Information
AFLAC, also known as AFLAC Incorporated is a well-known insurance provider in the United States of America. AFLAC or American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus was founded by the three Amos brothers John, Paul and Bill in the year 1935 in Columbus, Georgia.
It remains to be one of the biggest providers of supplemental insurance policies in USA. AFLAC covers a wide range of insurance policies and is popularly known for the cash benefits it offers when a policy holder has met an accident or suffers from illness resulting in demise. At present, it ranks first among the Supplemental Health Insurance providers in the US.
AFLAC Incorporated operates in United States and Japan. According to current records, AFLAC has insured more than 100 million people. Insurance policies offered by AFLAC include Life, Accident, Hospital Confinement Indemnity, Specified Disease, Cancer, Dental, Lump Sum Cancer, Hospital Intensive Care, Specified Health Event, Hospital Confinement Sickness Indemnity, Vision and Short Term Disability.
Aflac Insurance Policies
- Accident – In case of accidents or similar health hazards resulting in the death of the policy holder or family members of their family, the company grants instant cash benefits to the beneficiaries to enable them meet everyday expenses.
- Life – AFLAC offers term life insurance as well as whole life insurance coverage in order to meet the specific needs of insured individuals.
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity – If it is obligatory for the insured person to stay at a hospital for undefined period of time, this policy of AFLAC covers extended benefits for all medical expenses and associated costs.
- Hospital Confinement Sickness Indemnity – This type of insurance policy covers all associated expenditures for the policy holder or the insured person in case of hospital confinement.
- Cancer and other Specified Diseases – For Cancer and other Specified Diseases, this policy of AFLAC offer complete coverage to the insured person. It also covers all types of medical expenses.
- Lump Sum Amount Critical Illness – This is one of the most beneficial insurance policies offered by ALFAC Incorporated. It provides the insured people with a pre-determined amount in case the person suffers from fatal ailments such as paralysis, cancer, heart attacks and strokes.
- Juvenile Life – This type of policy is meant for the under aged individuals. It offers life coverage for juveniles and children.
- Vision – This policy offers coverage for all diagnostic tests and treatments necessary for vision care. It also covers several visionary defects.
National Western Life Insurance Company – Company Information
National Western Life Insurance Company was established in Colorado District of United States in 1956. The company operates in Columbia District, 4 American territories and 49 states.
The company also holds license to do business in Haiti and they also solicit issues and applications placed by non US residents. Major segments they serve include international life insurance, domestic life insurances and annuities. Presently, National Western Life Insurance Company operates as the subsidiary of AGC Life Insurance Company.
Compare insurance quotes from various insurance companies by entering your ZIP code in our FREE quote comparison tool!
Target Consumers of National Western Life Insurance Company
National Western Life Insurance Company offers three different types of insurance and financial products which are as follows:
- International Life insurance – The International Life insurance from National Western Life Insurance Company is mainly targeted to foreign nationals from the upper socio-economic class who can afford adequate financial resources. The products provided under the International life insurance schemes include both life and universal insurances. Claims and premiums are processed in US dollars which minimizes the risks of exchange rate fluctuations worldwide.
- Domestic life insurance – Domestic life insurance caters to senior citizens, federal employees and group of employees from private companies. Both traditional and life insurances (whole life and term products) are offered by this company via agents, brokers and International Marketing Organizations (IMOs). Domestic insurances are provided to all 49 states of America except the state of New York.
- Annuities – Annuity products are exclusively designed and marketed to the US citizens. Many IMOs operate in selling the annuity products from National Western Life Insurance Company in various states. The much sought after annuities include flexible or single premium deferred annuities, equity-indexed and single premium immediate annuities. Some of them are non tax qualified and some are qualified.
National Western Life Insurance Company’s insurance products are sold popularly in US as well as Eastern Europe, Caribbean, Asia and Pacific Rim. However, a large section of their US sales is generated from annuity sales. Two third of the total earning from life insurance premiums is generated from policies provided to non US clients.
Comparison between Aflac and National Western Life Insurance Company
AFLAC and National Western Life Insurance Company – both are eminent names in the field of insurance policy providers. However the products offered and terms are significantly different from one another. Following is a comparative study between National Western Life Insurance Company and AFLAC policies and their desirability:
- AFLAC specializes in un-reimbursed medical policies which are basically supplemental health insurances. On the other hand NWLI offers more traditional products like whole life and term life insurances along with annuities which make a large section of their worldwide sales.
- AFLAC insurances are certainly handier when it comes to meeting day to day needs of an individual. They have insurances for dental, vision and juvenile care along with intensive care and hospital confinement indemnity. NWLI insurances offer long term solution to both US residents and foreign nationals.
- AFLAC insurances are affordable and they are popularly sought by middle class sect of the country. However NWLI insurances are mostly sought by well-off cult of foreign countries who have access to sufficient resources. In US, NWLI mainly sells annuities in 49 states except NY.
- AFLAC does not offer annuity products and this is certainly an advantage with NWLI. Their annuities come with various single or flexible premium options of which few are tax qualified.
Selecting One of AFLAC and NWLI
AFLAC and NWLI cater to completely different needs of individual insurance holders. Hence it is most likely that there should not be any conflict while choosing one from these two providers. Keep your prerequisites in mind while choosing an insurance provider and any particular product.
Insurance can be an expensive necessity. Be sure to find the best deal using our FREE quote analysis tool by entering your ZIP code in the space below!