The research required to find a business insurance online quote is a methodical and detailed process. However, the process can be simplified by first knowing the types of business insurance that are available and which of these types of insurance will provide the appropriate coverage for the business.
It’s important to know that some businesses are required by law to carry certain kinds of insurance before they’re considered to be viable businesses.
Compare online insurance quotes for free by simply entering your zip code above!
Why it’s Necessary to Obtain Business Insurance
Accidents do happen, disasters do strike and in most cases, businesses are caught completely off guard. First and foremost, business insurance is necessary to lessen the damage caused by unexpected catastrophes that can occur in a moment’s notice. It’s also needed to protect the property and equipment used by the business and its employees, and to cover the costs resulting from general and legal liability issues that could involve the clientele that come and go on the premises. In short, business insurance shields a company from unpredictable risks and financial loss.
Types of Insurance
It should be noted that many prospective clients will not agree to work with a particular company unless that company has business insurance. Below are descriptions of seven major types of business insurance.
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions Insurance): Provides coverage in the event of lawsuits resulting from claims like negligence and malpractice. When there are claims that a particular service has caused harm, was done improperly or not at all, this can result in a lawsuit and fighting court battles within the legal system can prove to be a substantial expense. Liability insurance covers judgments, court costs and attorney fees up to the specified monetary limit of the policy.
- General Liability Insurance: Protects the business from third-party claims of bodily injury and it covers associated costs stemming from that injury. It also covers damage to clients’ property that may occur when business owners or employees visit these properties. If a company has clients and customers that frequently visit their premises, and if employees of this company also travels to other locations to perform their clients’ services, then the company should definitely have general liability insurance.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: Coverage for on-the-job illnesses and injuries of employees and the associated costs.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Protects a company in the event a disaster occurs (i.e., hurricanes, fire, theft) that interrupts daily operations for a period of time. Also covers income lost while the business is down.
- Business Property Insurance: Protection against loss of equipment and other inventory as a result of natural disasters.
- Other Types of Employee Insurance: Health, unemployment, social security and disability insurance.
- Business Owners Policy (BOP): Since there are so many business insurance policies available that should be considered, a convenient solution has been initiated through BOPs that combine several types of insurance coverage under one plan. Acquiring a BOP assures business owners of the specialized coverage specifically tailored to fit their business needs.
Choosing an Insurer Online
One of the greatest things about searching for a business insurance quote online is the fact that it’s possible to compare quotes and the types of available coverage of multiple providers in a given location without leaving the comfort of the home or office. Customers have the option of doing the research themselves by browsing through each of the online insurance companies, or they can visit websites that do the work for them. These online companies collect and evaluate the customer information, and then present the appropriate business insurance plans and quotes that are provided by top-rated insurers in a given area.
All business owners are required to answer specific questions in order to determine whether their business can be insured, as there are certain types of businesses that many insurers will not insure. Once all of the relevant questions have been asked and answered and it’s determined that the business is insurable, then quotes can be displayed for review by the business owner.
When comparing insurers, the business owner should consider the following:
• The company offers customization of an insurance plan that works best for the business. This is extremely important since all businesses are different. There should be no problem fulfilling this requirement as most insurers will strive to perform this service for prospective clients.
• Seek a company that will be useful in helping to ascertain the type of risks the business will likely encounter, and who are knowledgeable about state and local laws and requirements. Knowing this kind of information will help customers make sensible decisions about their business insurance needs.
• Look for a company that can supply all of your business insurance needs rather than purchasing from more than one company.
• The offer of flexible payment plans can help customers to balance their budgets more efficiently.
• Dependable customer service is a must.
• Shop around before making final decisions. The more customers browse and do research, the more familiar they become with the types of insurance available, the types of insurance their business requires, and how to make the proper choices that fulfill their business needs.
Since all the benefits of the time, energy and money invested in a business can be instantly lost because of an unforeseen catastrophe, it’s obvious that purchasing business insurance is a necessary expense that cannot be overlooked. It’s also obvious that depending on the needs, business insurance can become a costly expense.
Weighing these factors, the conclusion is drawn that having the proper insurance coverage will contribute to the success of a customer’s business venture by providing protection in the event of any tragedies that may befall that business. Therefore, it’s important that customers take the time to research and compare each business insurance quote online so they can remove the worries resulting from financial crises by choosing the correct business insurance plan.