These are the Best Auto Insurance Companies for Limo Services
The best auto insurance companies for limo service can sell you liability, comprehensive, and collision insurance, as well as other types of insurance. Additionally, you can find exciting perks and great discounts with commercial limo insurance. Most major companies offer commercial insurance at a variety of price points. Shopping around can help you find the perfect policy for your needs.
Free Insurance Providers Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Dec 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance providers please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Limo drivers need a commercial auto insurance policy to cover their driving business
- Most major insurance companies offer commercial insurance policies with a variety of coverage options
- A commercial policy can protect your company, your employees, and yourself from paying for accidents out of pocket
- Limo insurance is more expensive than commercial insurance for cars or pickup trucks because limousines cost more that private vehicles
From prom to a bachelor’s party, everyone loves to ride in a limo.
Limo drivers give people the opportunity to travel like a celebrity. While customers consider a ride in a limo a party, the limo owner needs to take the trip more seriously.
Personal limo insurance falls under the category of commercial auto insurance. It’s integral that limo drivers protect themselves, their passengers, and their vehicles from all the dangers of the road.
Finding the best auto insurance companies for your limo service can be confusing. If you want to see what rates might look like for you, enter your ZIP code into our free tool to get started.
Types of Auto Insurance for Limousines
When it comes to insurance for limousine drivers, there are several options from which to choose.
Liability covers both physical and bodily insurance and is an integral type of insurance for a limousine driver to have. Liability covers damage to property and people if you are at fault for an accident. It will also cover any legal fees you incur if you’re sued after an accident.
Collision insurance covers the damage to your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident. Comprehensive covers everything else, from vandalism, hitting an animal, fire, theft, severe weather, and many other types of damage.
Personal injury protection (PIP) helps cover the costs if your accident involves injuries. PIP covers medical, funeral expenses, lost wages, and physical therapy costs. It also covers pedestrians involved in a car accident, whether the accident was your fault or not.
Uninsured or underinsured motorist helps cover costs after an accident when the other driver is at fault and they don’t have enough insurance. Because of the nature of your business, many states require limousine drivers to purchase this coverage.
Employment practices liability is an option if you have employees. This insurance will protect your business from accusations of wrongful termination, discrimination, or sexual harassment.
Additional coverage options you can buy with commercial limo insurance include things such as roadside assistance.
Compare Insurance Providers Rates to Save Up to 75%
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The Best Auto Insurance Companies for Limo Service
Most of the major insurance companies sell commercial insurance, but not every commercial policy will be best for your business. To find the most affordable limousine insurance, you need to shop around for rates.
Some companies have a reputation for having the best limo insurance. While it’s still recommended to shop around for quotes, you should consider starting with the following companies.
GEICO Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
GEICO consistently receives high ratings for affordability, availability, and customer satisfaction, and the same goes for their commercial insurance offering.
For limousines, you can buy liability, physical damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, collision, and personal injury coverage. You can work with an agent to customize the exact amount of coverage you need.
GEICO is a great option for caterers, landscapers, contractors, and anyone else that spends at least part of their working hours behind the wheel of a vehicle. There is one exception to this — GEICO recommends their rideshare insurance for people who drive for rideshare companies.
Progressive Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
Progressive has made a name for itself as a provider of affordable car insurance. The company is consistently ranked as one of the best for trucking commercial insurance.
A commercial policy from Progressive allows you to drive as many miles as your business needs without raising your rates. You can buy liability, underinsured/uninsured motorist, collision, comprehensive, and medical-payment insurance.
Progressive also offers coverage that may not be offered by other insurers, including non-owned commercial, any-auto, and hired auto. This ensures that your employees are covered behind the wheel of your limo or even their own vehicle for business.
One last advantage of Progressive is that you can change your coverage when you need to, especially if you have busy seasons.
You can also check your eligibility for the following discounts:
- Safe driving
- Auto pay
- Paying in full
- Business experience
Speak with a Progressive agent to get a quote for your specific needs and to sign up for a policy. You can speak with an agent 24 hours a day online or by phone.
Allstate Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
Allstate is another well-known insurance company, famous for its customer service and affordable rates. Allstate offers coverage in all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C.
Allstate sets itself apart by offering more commercial insurance options than most other companies. In addition to liability, comprehensive, collision, underinsured/uninsured motorist, and personal injury protection, Allstate also offers:
- Towing and labor. You get roadside assistance and will be reimbursed for towing expenses.
- Business purpose/non-owner. If your employees drive their own vehicles for work-related purposes, this add-on will protect your company.
- Hired vehicle coverage. If you need to rent another limo for a short period of time, this add-on covers the vehicle with liability.
- Sound system. Your customers will appreciate any music you play during their ride. This add-on will cover your sound system in case of damage or theft.
If that’s not enough, Allstate offers these add-ons for purchase. These include:
- Fellow employees, in case one employee injures another
- Lease and GAP coverage, to cover the difference if you still owe on a loan
- Glass repair, if your windshield is damaged in any way
- Collision waiver, which can waive your deductible if you’re in an accident with another Allstate-insured driver
- Personal effects, which covers up to $500 of your personal items when you’re the victim of theft
Allstate generally receives strong reviews, but some reviewers say its coverage costs more than what is offered by other insurers.
Travelers Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
Travelers writes the second most limousine and commercial auto insurance policies in America. Travelers is frequently listed as a great option for larger companies and industries that are heavily regulated. Travelers might not be cost effective for a smaller company.
With Travelers, you can buy liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, and physical damage insurance. However, Travelers does not offer personal injury protection as do many other insurance companies.
Regardless of the type of vehicle you want to insure, Travelers is a great choice for fleets of five or more cars. They also offer insurance for specific industries, such as buses or police cars.
Some other coverages you can purchase include:
- Cargo coverage
- Lifetime repairs guarantee
One unique part of Travelers commercial insurance is the industry-specific options they have. It offers some of the best commercial insurance for car haulers, agribusiness, construction, equipment haulers, food service, retail, and, of course, limousine drivers.
State Farm Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
State Farm is a name that usually pops up in discussions about car insurance, and for good reason. State Farm consistently delivers affordable prices and has many satisfied customers.
State Farm limousine commercial auto insurance policies include liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and PIP insurance. You can also purchase a rideshare add-on if you plan to drive for companies such as Uber or Lyft.
State Farm is available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Agents are available via phone or online when you need to file a claim.
Liberty Mutual Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
If you’re interested in obtaining quotes from Liberty Mutual, your best bet is to speak to an agent either by phone or online chat.
Liberty Mutual offers liability, comprehensive, collision, PIP, and underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage. It also offers these add-ons:
- Towing and labor. If you purchase this add-on, you will receive roadside assistance and a free tow to an in-network mechanic.
- Deductible fund. This add-on grants you $100 savings on your deductible while you’re a Liberty Mutual customer. All you do is pay $30 annually, and Liberty Mutual covers the rest.
- Accident forgiveness. Accident forgiveness is one of the best add-ons you can purchase for your insurance policy. Your rates will not increase after your first accident.
- Lifetime repair guarantee. As long as you shop within the network, your repairs will be guaranteed by the company.
- New and better replacement. If your limo is less than a year old and has less than 15,000 miles on it, Liberty Mutual will replace your vehicle with a brand-new one, if it’s ever declared a total loss. If your limo is more than a year old, the better-replacement option will replace it with a vehicle a model year newer.
Another option Liberty Mutual offers is driver training for your employees and monitoring apps so you can stay in the driver’s seat with your limo drivers.
Some Liberty Mutual policyholders have asked for the option to file a claim online. As of now, claims must be filed by phone.
Nationwide Limousine Commercial Auto Insurance
Nationwide offers affordable rates for commercial car insurance. It depends on your situation, but you’re likely to find affordable coverage from Nationwide.
Nationwide is available throughout most of the U.S. and Washington, D.C. It is not available in Massachusetts or Louisiana.
Nationwide offers liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, personal injury protection, GAP coverage, roadside assistance, new-car replacement, rental reimbursement, and medical payment policies.
Nationwide offers discounts for commercial insurance to policyholders who:
- Bundle with another policy
- Pay in full
- Have a hybrid vehicle
- Have anti-theft devices in their vehicle
Nationwide has high customer satisfaction ratings, and quotes are available online. However, you need to speak directly with an agent to purchase a policy. Claims can be submitted by phone.
How much does limousine insurance cost?
While the exact cost of your limo insurance depends on several factors, you can expect to pay between $5,000 and $10,000 per limo annually.
Factors that affect your rates include:
- The make and model of your limo. If you have a limo more likely to break down or one that is statistically involved with many claims, you’ll pay more for your rates.
- The value of your limo. The more your limo costs, the more you’ll pay to insure it.
- Your location. If there are more claims in your ZIP code than the national average, you can expect to pay more.
- Your driving history and previous claims. The more marks you have against you, the more you’ll pay.
- The coverage and add-ons you choose.
- The age of your limo drivers.
- The size of your deductible. A higher deductible means lower monthly rates.
Any add-ons you purchase will make the cost of your insurance increase. For example, you can get coverage to replace locks and keys or journey disruption.
Find the Best Limo Insurance Rates
When you operate a limousine service, the importance of a commercial insurance plan can’t be understated. Hopefully, you’ll never need to file a claim. If you do, you’ll be happy you had the foresight to protect your company, your employees, and yourself.
Finding quotes from the best auto insurance companies for limo service requires some shopping. If you’re ready to see what rates might look like for you, enter your ZIP code into our free tool today.