Which auto insurance companies offer the best roadside assistance?
The best roadside assistance programs are based on coverage options, levels of coverage, the cost of the base plan, and the Better Business Bureau rating. Among the best insurance companies for roadside assistance programs, a service known as winching is offered. This service is rarely offered within auto insurance companies.
Free Insurance Providers Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Dec 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance providers please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Based on several criteria, a list of the 10 best insurance companies for emergency roadside assistance was produced
- There are a few tips to consider before enrolling in a roadside assistance program
- The benefits you receive from the AAA Roadside Assistance Program are dependent on your membership level: classic, plus, or premier
Many different insurance companies offer roadside assistance services and programs to those whom they insure. They are often offered as either a subscription service or an add-on to your auto insurance policy.
Whether or not you are a long-distance driver, drive in hazardous conditions, or are merely looking for a simple, basic coverage plan, you should ensure that you’re sufficiently covered.
See if your insurance company offers emergency roadside assistance. Enter your ZIP code and get a free code today.
What are the top 10 insurance companies that offer the best roadside assistance programs?
Based on coverage options, levels of coverage, the cost of the base plan, and the Better Business Bureau rating, a list of the 10 best insurance companies for emergency roadside assistance was produced. They are as follows, in no particular order:
- Better World Club – This insurance company is one of the top 10 that offers the best roadside assistance programs due to its above-average coverage options, relatively low price points, and A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- Travelers – With this insurance company, drivers are able to choose from two inexpensive plans. Each plan includes winching, which isn’t a popular service with automobile companies. The premium option offers up to 100 miles of towing, trip interruption coverage, and personal property coverage.
- Nationwide – Nationwide offers two plans, a basic plan and a plus plan. The basic plan offers above-average service with ditch extraction. The plus plan offers up to 100 miles of towing and up to $500 of trip interruption reimbursement. Therefore, the plus plan is best for long-distance drivers.
- Progressive – This is an inexpensive roadside assistance provider, offering towing, fuel delivery, and winching. Progressive is recommended for drivers who frequently travel in hazardous conditions.
- Allstate – Allstate is the most flexible roadside assistance provider. Customers can choose the program as either an add-on to their policy or a subscription plan, regardless of their insurer. The Allstate Motor Club subscription provides additional discounts and perks, such as trip interruption coverage.
- Farmers – They offer a relatively inexpensive, basic policy that includes wincing. Farmers is reliable for those who want only the essentials covered and who do not plan to take long trips.
- Good Sam – Good Sam offers a variety of plans for cars, motorcycles, RVs, and trailers. They provide towing to the nearest service center, regardless of mileage.
- AT&T – For only $2.99 per month, customers with one phone line are offered up to four roadside assistance calls per year, up to $75 in services. For any more than four calls, the customer must pay out of pocket. Please note that the person whose phone it’s linked to must be physically present with the car to receive the assistance.
- American Family – American Family offers standard services for $10-$20 per year to add to an existing car insurance company.
- State Farm – For as little as $1 per month, budget-conscious drivers who anticipate small problems can enroll in the roadside assistance program offered by State Farm.
How do I decide which insurance company to purchase roadside assistance from?
There are a few tips to take into consideration before enrolling in a roadside assistance program. First, you must decide if getting a subscription is even worth it. How often do you run into roadside problems?
You should weigh the pros and cons of being a member of an auto club versus having more basic coverage provided by most car insurance companies.
Consider if you want to be covered as an individual, or if you want your car to have the coverage.
Lastly, take into account any other special circumstances that may apply to you.
Compare Insurance Providers Rates to Save Up to 75%
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How good is the roadside assistance program with AAA?
American Automobile Association emergency road service offers the following variety of services for its customers:
- Flat Tire
- Car Battery
- Emergency Fuel Delivery
- Mechanical First Aid
- Locksmith Service
The benefits you receive from the AAA Roadside Assistance program are dependent on your membership level: classic, plus, or premier.
|Classic Membership||Plus Membership||Premier Membership|
|Miles of Towing||5||100||200|
|Emergency Fuel at No Extra Cost||X||X|
|Locksmith Reimbursement||$50 (car only)||$100 (car only)||$150 (car and home)|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Requesting assistance from AAA can be done either via telephone, with a virtual assistant, or online through the Auto Club app. The number for 24/7 roadside assistance is 1-800-400-4222.
If you get your vehicle towed to an AAA-approved auto repair facility or an AAA Car Care Center, you will receive priority service. You will also get 10% off regularly-priced parts and labor.
Find roadside assistance near you. Enter your ZIP code and get a free quote today.